Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chapter 10- Promoting Success for All Students through Technology


Chapter 10- Promoting Success for All Students through Technology

Focus Question- How is technology used in a writing process fit young writers to promote learning success for all students?

Technology offers various opportunities to create the writing process to the needs and interests of student writers.  Being able to mind-map or brainstorm the student’s ideas.  There is also drafting revising and publishing the work.  Adding the technology helps them interact and it is engaging them in their writing.  Teachers can use emailing, microphones and recording software to write, revise and brainstorm.  Using this technology gives students the skills to be able to write and use their creativity. 

Tech Tool- Extra-Large Calculators

Extra-Large calculators are engaging tools for students to practice math problems.  The extra-large aspect is the engaging part of the calculator.  Most of the big calculators are just four functions, but it engages the students because it is so large.


Summary-

As a student that hates to write, I think that these technologies would work really well for me.  Especially the microphone or sound system that reads aloud seems to me helpful. I also think the idea of creating a movie to publish the writing; it would help reinforce the writing subject. I think it would have really helped my writing and me when I was younger.  As a teacher I can see myself using this type of technology in this classroom.  

1 comment:

  1. I think the 'extra-large' attribute of the calculator might engage all students due to its uniqueness but it is specifically designed for students with visual impairments. You indicate some great ideas here, but you need to provide links so your reader gets the full picture of your reflections. It is also helpful to both non-writers and readers to have the multimedia element - using images and video to support your writing would mean less writing for you!

    ReplyDelete